Amish Country Cottages
In addition to our Churchtown Inn Bed & Breakfast accommodations, we also offer two cottage rentals for your convenience: the one-bedroom Covered Bridge Cottage (with sleeping options for up to four guests), and the two-bedroom Farmview Cottage (with sleeping options for up to seven guests). Both cottages have picnic and barbeque capabilities.
Located just four miles off the PA turnpike in the heart of Lancaster County’s Amish Country, these self-catered cottages are private, yet convenient to all of the area’s wonderful activities and attractions. Both of these cottages are child-friendly and pet-friendly, making them the ideal location for a family vacation or weekend getaway.
Features of Both Amish Country Cottages
- Children are welcome
- Pet-friendly! Well-behaved, housebroken dogs are welcome (maximum two dogs)
- Private environment — perfect for independent travelers and romantic getaways
- Full kitchens allow you to prepare your own meals or indulge in that doggie-bag after a meal out!
- Unique dinner option – dine at a local Amish Family home (arranged by your innkeepers)
- Convenient to area attractions — tourist guide, map, and detailed list is waiting for you in both cabins.
- Space and availability permitting, cottage guests are welcome to join us for breakfast at the main inn, for a small additional fee per person.
- A two-night minimum stay is required.
- Reservations are available online, or by phone after breakfast, between 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. A one-night credit-card deposit is required to secure your reservation.
- Rates are based on a single night’s stay for two people and are subject to state and local taxes.
- Check-in is between 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. unless alternative arrangements have been made in advance. Check-out ends at 10:30 a.m. on the day of departure unless other arrangements are made.
- Cottages are NON-SMOKING. Smoking is allowed outside in designated areas.
- Payment options accepted include cash, personal checks, traveler’s checks, Visa, MasterCard, Am-Ex, and Discover Card.
Cancellations and Early Departures
- We will refund your deposit, minus a $25 handling fee, if you cancel at least 21 days prior to reserved arrival date.
- Deposits will not be refunded for late cancellations unless we can re-book your cottage.
- No refunds are offered for early departures.
Twenty-three park-like acres of the Pool Forge Estate provide quiet surroundings on what was one of the country’s early Iron Plantations. Located one-half mile from the main inn, this historic 1700’s stone cottage was once the Paymaster’s home. With painted wood floors, country furnishings, and sleeping arrangements for up to four people, this cottage is a charming choice for a romantic getaway, small family vacation, or three people traveling together.
HISTORIC · TRANQUIL · PRIVATE
- One bedroom with king-size bed
- Downstairs daybed for relaxing or extra sleeping space
- Full bath upstairs
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- Satellite TV with DVD and VCR players
- Stereo/CD player
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- Central heat and air-conditioning
- $175 per night for 2 adults. No charge for children under sixteen.
- $20 extra per person
- $40 per dog one-time dog fee ($60.00 for extended stay for long haired dogs) Two dog maximum.
- $9.00 per person for breakfast at the Inn if seating is available.
Full of both history and modern conveniences, Farmview Cottage is located next to the grounds of Historic Bangor Church. Perfect for a family vacation, romantic retreat, or a small traveling group, this turn-of-the-century stone house offers two bedrooms, a full kitchen, and a full bath. The furnished wood deck offers sweeping views of the gorgeous countryside and is a great place to enjoy lunch or dinner.
COMFORTABLE · AFFORDABLE · WELL-EQUIPPED
- Two bedrooms (one with king-size bed and single side-bed, one with queen-size sleigh bed)
- Living room with sofa, and sleeper-sofa, chairs and Satellite TV with DVD
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave
- Full bath with tub and shower
- Central A/C and heating
- High-speed wireless Internet
- Stereo/CD Player, DVD player
- $195 per night for 2 adults (children under sixteen free)
- $225 per night for 4 adults
- $40 one-time dog fee
- $9.00 per person for breakfast at the Inn